Wednesday, October 19, 2016

LOSING YOU FROM BROOKLYN TAYLOR


Losing You excerpt: Copyright 2016- Brooklyn Taylor

“Zoey … You can leave and go do your homework. I’ll call you when I get enough food down.”
I rolled my eyes, not trying to hide it from my mom. 
“Who do you think you are, young lady, rolling your eyes at me?” Mom asked with her shaky dry voice. Her voice hadn't sounded the same for years. It was fading just as she was from my life.

“I just like how you act like you know what is going on in my life,” I snarled back.
“Excuse me?”
“I just think you would have known what was going in my life if you had decided not to drink … I mean for years you knew what you were doing and you kept on. And look at you now.”
“You have no idea what it is like to be this sick, missy.”
“No … because I wouldn't purposely do that to myself. I am not stupid enough to drink myself to death like you have.”
I turned back to her to see her expression and wished I wouldn't have. She was furious, and I knew if I was in arm’s reach, she would have slapped the shit out of me. And yes, I probably deserved it.
“So you are blaming me for my choices?” she asked, seemingly trying to control her temper.
I didn't respond because I didn't know how I wanted to respond. But then I did because it came to me.
“I am blaming you for guzzling whole wine bottles in one sitting … I am blaming you for thinking about yourself before you thought about us and how it would affect your family.” I pause for a minute but start back up, and she was waiting, knowing more was coming.
“I am mad that you felt drinking was more important than I am. You would drink until you passed out, until you would fall and hit the ground in front of us, scaring Rachel and me. Then driving us to school drunk and choosing booze over food, destroying your body. I am furious that you loved the bottle more than you loved us. How at age ten, I had to search and find all the bottles you had stashed in different parts of the house—under the bathroom sink, in the washer, in the dining room cabinet … all the places I had to search to find the liquor and pour it out while you were sleeping. How you drank in the morning in the bathroom after you had prepared breakfast for us because you couldn't wait to get numb … and you did it knowing, willingly knowing, you were going to kill yourself and leave your family behind.”
I had started to cry, and I didn't try to wipe the tears, the snot, or the spit that had come out of my mouth as I screamed the sentences I had wanted to say for so long but hadn't had the nerve to. 
“YOU did this to you. And you did this to us.”

RELEASING OCTOBER 26th ON AMAZON.



A Small Bio that I snagged off her amazon page 

I currently reside outside of Austin, Texas. I'm a mother of 2 amazing kiddos and married to my gorgeous soulmate for almost 20 years. I have a full time job in the medical field but would rather be spending my time writing! I love to spend my free time reading, being outside and playing with my family and 4 fur babies. I started to write at the instinct of "hey maybe I can do that!" and haven't stopped since. I have enjoyed every step of the journey. I am blessed to have very supportive friends and family that make my life worth living!  

         Amazon
               Goodreads    



This book is to release on the 26th of October       



My Review 

5 stars
would I recommend this book: Yes

Someone told me to write from the heart and sometimes
its easier said then done. This is my second book that
I have read from this author. This author knows how to
draw me into her writing style and its easy to do. okay
know my review of this emotional book.

The character that I can be drawn on is Zoey because
Zoey has taken on alot of the house hold responsibilies
while her dad is out on the road driving a semi-truck
and Zoey's mom is in bed. Being a 16 year old girl she
shouldnt have to worry about taking care of her sister
or her mom but when her mom came down sick Zoey had
taken on everything to help her family out. Being a 16 year
old girl or even boy for that matter Zoey should enjoy her
life being that age once she turns into an adult being a
teenager stops then she would have to make adult
decisions.

who does Evan think he is, it seems that he wants Zoey
but Zoey wants Tristen. If Evan would have never
turned Zoey into what she hated then she would have
stayed with him. I think Zoey being with Tristen is
a good match. with her mom dying Tristen can help her
though it. Tristren has his own problems but I do not think
Zoey would hold anything against him.
Melissa just needs to leave Tristren's past just the way
it is because its up to Tristren to tell Zoey about his past
and when he is ready.
Wow, I truly didn't accept that in the book that Zoey and Tristen
got married, that's awesome.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment