Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Ialana Trilogy: The Six




Book: The Ialana Trilogy: The Six
Author:  Katlynn Brooke
The Six and the Crystals of Ialana (Book One in the Ialana Trilogy) 
The Six and the Gardeners of Ialana (Book Two in the Ialana Trilogy) 
The Six and Anwyn of Ialana (Book Three in the Ialana Trilogy) 

About: In this roller-coaster fantasy adventure series, six diverse characters, three girls and three boys, between the ages of 15-21 embark on an epic quest to find a magical crystal lost 500 years in the past. What is their connection to this crystal? They must not only rediscover their past and survive a perilous journey over mountains infested with venomous mutant creatures, but they must also discover who the traitor is in their midst. 

In the second book of the series, they continue their healing mission but are thwarted by a Galonese Warlord, and hunted by a deadly foe. Shape-shifters, mutant creatures, and a power struggle between the rulers of Ialana all work together to make this one of their most difficult challenges yet. 

In the third book of the series, the Six and Anwyn, the daughter of two of the Six, must find and deactivate a weapon of mass destruction before Astrobal, the Demon-Lord of the Shadowlands finds it and uses it to destroy all life on Ialana. An old enemy in a new and even more deadly form arises, one who is able to match their enhanced abilities. 

In a nail-biting race to the end, the outcome is uncertain. Have the Six and Anwyn met their match this time? 





Katlynn Brooke is an upcoming author of fiction that includes young adult fantasy, and a novel about Africa during WW2.

Katlynn was born and raised in Zimbabwe and currently lives in Virginia, USA. She is also a watercolor artist who coaches adult artists in this medium.

Since writing her debut novel, she has branched out into the genre of young adult fantasy fiction, and her first novel in this genre, The Six, and the Crystals of Ialana, is the precursor to more of the series. The second book in the series, “The Six and the Gardeners of Ialana” is also available on Amazon.

Katlynn has spent much of her own life on a spiritual journey of healing and self-discovery. This inner world of truth-seeking has inspired her fantasy novels; fast-paced adventures that will keep the reader engaged to the last page. The Six series are allegorical tales that take place in the fictional world of Ialana. The protagonists are all teens and young adults, and their own journey takes them from one end of Ialana to the other where they too are on a quest to find the knowledge that was once common but now is mostly forgotten and to re-discover exactly what their mission is.

My Review
Out of all 3 books I really loved the first one alot, I love fanasty, action and such just as the next person but when something bad happeneds it makes my heart hurt seeing something bad
happened. I will break all three books down to make this review easy to write.... Book 1 is my first review that I wrote when I read book
one. This Author is a very talented writer.

Book 1 : The Six and the Crystals of Ialana (Book One in the Ialana Trilogy)   I love this story and this is the first book that I have read from this author. I think she has differently made a fan out of me. 
her writing flows nicely and very easy to read. Granted this book has many chapters but honestly this book is worth the read. 
This author knows how to pull a reader in. I found a quote that I really do like a lot because it just sums up this book just perfectly 
and many of uswould understand... " I don't dream like they do, he thought. They must be magicked.My dreams are more about real 
life. I am going to join the Army. I will make alife for myself,without my father or the other people from Meadowfield. None of them 
appreciate me for who I really am. He sat and thought about that for a while. He didnt know who he really was; he only knew he would 
one day be an important person,a person who made things happen.We all dream one way or another and sometimes we dont dream 
at all and it all depends on how the day or the night went for us in order for us to dream.

Book 2: The Six and the Gardeners of Ialana (Book Two in the Ialana Trilogy) In book two is when emotions start to run high, I really like chapter 4. the keep because not many parents
would go running though the coward to get to their children. " Perhaps we'll be back by the end of the day, at least we'll get to see the city". 

Book 3: The Six and Anwyn of Ialana (Book Three in the Ialana Trilogy) wow, I would not like to see the first line as it reads " If I am dead, 
I don't want to know it". 



No comments:

Post a Comment